Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gen. Mgrs. comments on their favorite ballparks to watch a game.

Ben Jones - GM - Kinston Indians - Kinston, North Carolina

Durham Bulls Athletic Park. It does not get any better for me that seeing a game in Durham, North Carolina. I grew up in Raleigh, NC and was always a huge fan of the Bulls growing up. I love what the city has going on around the park and once inside, the overall fan experience is great.

Mike Nutter - President - Fort Wayne TinCaps - Fort Wayne, Indiana

Wrigley Field. I remember the first time going there when I worked for the Kane County Cougars. My dad and I attended together and I still remember walking out into the seating bowl for the first time and getting chills. It is an awesome scene to watch a game.

Andy Shea GM- Lexington Legends - Lexington, Kentucky

Citizens Bank Park. I love the atmosphere, love the center field open/concessions area with a ton of really popular Philly foods, and you just can’t beat Philly fans.

Cal Burleson GM , - Indianapolis Indians - Indianapolis, Indiana

PNC Park in Pittsburg: I have seen a lot of games there, it is a great place to watch a game. I also saw the Pirates play in Forbes Field and Three Rivers Stadium.


Bill Papierniak, GM Richond Squirrels – Richmond, Virginia


Wrigley Field. it was absolutely awe inspiring from Wrigleyville to the ivy walls to the crowd (it didn’t hurt that I had the chance to walk out onto the field ad take in the whole atmosphere before the game)

I have enjoyed many MiL stadiums from Durham Bulls, Raleigh, NC (Athletic Park) to Lakewood Blue Crabs, Lakewood, NJ (First Energy Park) to Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Myrtle Beach, SC (BB&T Coastal Federal Field) to Lehigh Valley IronPigs, Allentown, PA (Gwinnett Stadium) etc. They all had something special about them.

Randy Whitaker, GM Harrisburg Senators- Harrisburg, PA

I really like the antiques. The nostalgic feel of a game in an old stadium is really special. Municipal Stadium in Hagerstown, Maryland, home of the Hagerstown Suns is a simple ballpark, but gives you that sense that you are watching a game from the fifties.

The same could be said for Bowman Field, home of the Williamsport Crosscutters in Williamsport, PA. Old but well preserved and quaint.

Of the newer parks, other than my own, I enjoyed Coca-Cola Park, home of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs in Allentown, PA and Richmond County Bank Ballpark, home of the Staten Island Yankees, Staten Island, NY- (for the view).

No comments:

Post a Comment